Posted Friday, December 4th, 2015 by Mrs. Villanova
With the weather changing, we thought it might be helpful to share with families again our guidelines for student drop-off. The following are procedures that have been established because student safety is our primary concern.
Students should arrive at school between 8:25 – 8:35 AM. Adult supervision will begin outside at 8:25. Students should be in their seats ready to begin the day at 8:40.
- Parking Lot: If you would like to park your car in the parking lot, please arrive before 8:20/2:50. The parking lot is closed to all moving traffic except buses from 8:20-8:45 and 2:50–3:10. The parking area near the tennis courts is for handicapped parking only. All other cars should be parked in the main parking lot. Please do not park your car in the bus lane because this is also a fire lane.
- Drop-off Zone: Please use the area to the right of the parking lot exit on Beech Drive as a drop off area only. Please pull your car into the drop off zone and stay in your car. Children should exit the car on the passenger side. Be sure to pay close attention to the no parking sign located where the drop off zone ends. We appreciate your help in dropping your child off in a quick and safe manner to keep the flow of traffic moving.
- Street Parking: You may park on Hickory, Sumac, or Beech streets to the east of the parking lot entrance.
- Important Reminders:
- Please cross students at the crosswalk with the crossing guard.
- Please be courteous of the neighbors who live next to Dirksen. Do not block their driveways or use their driveways to drop off students or to turn your car around.
- Student safety is our top concern. By following all posted signs and driving regulations we can keep our children safe and help you avoid unnecessary tickets. The police do patrol our area and they do issue tickets. The entire Dirksen staff appreciates your patience and cooperation as we strive to provide a safe learning environment!