Important Dates to Remember
We hope your summer is off to a great start! Before the time slips away, we wanted to make sure you had some important dates on your calendar.
Thursday, August 3rd – Secretaries return to Dirksen
Week of August 7th – Welcome back letter
- Each family will receive a welcome back letter giving the dates and times for our back to school events. The letter will also include your child’s classroom placement for the upcoming school year.
Thursday, August 10th – Information Day
- The office will be open from 5:30-7:30 pm if you need to drop off any additional paperwork.
Friday, August 18th – Supply Drop off and Back to School Picnic
- On this day your family will have the opportunity to visit your child’s classroom, meet their teacher, and drop off school supplies. The PTA will host a back to school picnic on this evening as well. We will provide the specific times for these events in the welome back letter.
Monday, August 21st – First Day of School for 1st-6th grade students
- The first bell rings at 8:25 so plan on arriving between 8:20 and 8:35. The students will line up outside for the first day. Dismissal will be at 3:00.
Wednesday, August 23rd – Curriculum night for 3rd – 6th grade
Monday, August 28 – First Day of School for Kindergarten Students
- All kindergarten students have the same arrival and dismissal time as the 1st – 6th grade students. Students will line up outside with their teachers.
Wednesday, August 30th – Curriculum night for Kindergarten – 2nd grade
The supply lists can be found under the Resources tab to the left, but for your convenience, they can also be accessed here: Supply Lists 2017-18
Have a wonderful summer!!