Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR)
Our third through sixth grade students will begin to take the Illinois Assessment of Readiness on April 9th. This test will be given to students throughout the state of Illinois.
The IAR schedule for Dirksen is as follows:
- Tuesday, April 9 – English Language Arts Unit 1
- Wednesday, April 10 – English Language Arts Unit 2
- Thursday, April 11 – Mathematics Unit 1
- Friday, April 12 – Mathematics Unit 2
- Monday, April 15 – Science (5th grade students only)
- Tuesday, April 16 – Mathematics Unit 3
Please note that there is one less testing session this year. During our testing sessions, we will keep the building quiet to ensure that all students can focus and give their full effort. You can help your student do his/her best on the test by:
- making sure, if possible, that your student attends school on the days of testing;
- making sure your student gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- providing a nutritional breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- reminding your student to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand the test direction;
- letting your student know that you are confident in his/her ability to do his/her best;
- advising your student not to worry about the test — just to do the best he/she can.
We are looking forward to watching our students SHINE!